Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Te Amo, Eiffel65.

A couple weeks ago, I did some dogsitting for my parents. This is always an exciting time, because I use a makeup mirror in my sister's old room, and being in there allows me to rediscover all the crap she stole out of my room in high school. One of the things she ganked was a CD that played an important role in my formative years...Europop by Eiffel 65.

There is no reason that any kind of intelligent being should adore this CD the way I do, but luckily, thanks to the magic of the Internet, I found something that can sum it up very quickly, using exactly zero words:

I dare you to find me one thing that is not awesome in that picture.

So okay, everyone I'm sure has heard their big hit, Blue, the one about the little blue guy in a blue house with a blue Corvette, and every thing is blue, inside and outside, etc., etc. You may also remember that there was considerable speculation on what that whole "da ba dee da da die" situation meant. It was kind of a goofy, catchy, poppy song, and let me tell you, it was not even the beginning of the things that were awesome on that disc. Let me...illuminate the situation for you with some lyrics.
We're gonna play the game, the Playstation all day,
With Metal Gear Solid to Tekken 3.
And from Omega Boost to Resident Evil,
Just play for the fun, 'cos we got it going on.
Tekken 3, Metal Gear Solid,
Resident Evil, Gran Turismo, Omega Boost, Bloody Roar,
X-Files, all over the world, come on...
Ridge Racer, Odd World, Winning Eleven, the game on the
playstation...
P. L. A. Y. S. T. A. T. I. O. N.
P. L. A. Y. S. T. A. T. I. O. N.
P. L. A. Y. S. T. A. T. I. O. N.
P. L. A. Y. S. T. A. T. I. O. N.

"Josie," you may be asking, "is that...a song about Playstation?" YES, my friends, it is a song about Playstation, and it is set to a techno-house-orchestral, and it is magnificent. It takes a really specific kind of person to combine all of those things, particularly the topic, and deep, deep in my heart, I want to befriend that person.

So okay we have the Blue song, a song about the evils of money, then there is a song that asks "what is dub, dub in this life," which I do not understand. We then move on to Living in a Bubble that is maybe about the media, maybe about fame. Who knows? Who cares? On to Move Your Body which teaches us that if you want to move your mind, you start by moving your body, which is why I will be dancing throughout my school day tomorrow and for the rest of my natural life. After we move our minds and bodies, the Playstation song makes an appearance before the CD continues to Your Clown (relationships do not always end well), and Another Race (women are odd) before hitting up The Edge which is about absolutely nothing. There are a couple more tunes, but then you reach Hyperlink [Deep Down]. Oh my God, magic. Here's the whole song:
Deep down, deep down
Dari dara dada du dara
Deep down, deep down
Dari da down

I want a click, a click to your heart, a hyperlink into you,
A sexual browser from here to the end, a newsgroup one on one,
Don’t need a modem to connect to your mind,
No search engine to find you,
I want a click, a click to your heart, a hyperlink to go inside
you.


WHAT THE HELL IS EVEN GOING ON THERE? So here's the great thing. I figured there was more fantastic weirdness on the loose out there, so I YouTubed Eiffel 65. First of all, I checked out the Blue video, which...have you seen it?



Yeah, it's a video game. I love these people. I also found out from YouTube that these people are ITALIAN which makes me really really happy. According to the Wik, "Eiffel" was a word picked at random by a computer, and the 65 was actually part of a phone number that got included in their name BY ACCIDENT. I think you should probably just read the Wikipedia article.

My life is so good now that Eiffel65 is back in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment