Monday, September 15, 2008

Animal Friendly Mounted Deer Trophy Heads

So, my friend Juls linked me to these:

DUDE. The second I figure out how to make this happen, it's gonna be a damn faux taxidermy shop in this joint. HOW COOL IS THAT? They are made by artist Rachel Denny, who appears to specialize in awesomeness. I am in total stupid love with them. That being said, my absolute favorite may be this wonderful little bunny.

Everyone together now: "AWWWWWW!" What talent. The body is so expressive, and the technique is just magic. School Friend Cindy and I had a good discussion about how it was a leeeeeetle bit dodgy to skin a rabbit to make yarn of its fur in order to...make a rabbit, but thanks to the magic of the internet, we determined that angora (from which this little dude is made) is in fact made from insane looking rabbits that can be shorn or just brushed to collect their fur. Regardless we agreed that there is a certain level of irony in making something out of..what it is.

No, seriously, insane looking.

I want at least five.

NB: When discussing this with Celia, I remembered a Humourous Family Bunny Anecdote which really should be included here for the betterment of society. My Mom decided at some point that she wanted some bunnies. My Dad basically responded with "well, bunnies are cranky, breed like crazy, chew everything on God's green Earth, and are generally a bad idea." This prompted my Mom to pull out her Big Winning Argument, which was..."but their poop would make such great fertilizer for the garden!"

I repeat...this was her Big Winning Argument. My brother, sister and I were around the ages of 9, 7 and 5 and even then we were like "oh dude, come on." My Mom rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment