Friday, April 25, 2008

Hooray for Shoes!

So, I bought these shoes the other day.
And today I wore them, ALL DAY, while carrying a full shoulder bag o' books, and I was COMFORTABLE, people! Love 'em. As we all know, creating a shoe with a tall heel that is comfortable is an art, and these pass the test. And even more surprising? From Target, y'all. $26 for these suckers. My boss at work has them in black and they also look fabulous, though she did complain of a slight squeakiness. I didn't find these to be squeaky, but as we know with mass market shoes, there's no guarantee on uniformity. (Ironic, isn't it?)
I think I am ready to accept and condone the covered platform trend. Though numerous sources predict the graceful exit of the platform heel, I'm okay with it staying around as long as it looks this good. I also think there's a vast divide between your run-of-the-mill, strippertastic, chunky, clunky platform shoe and a covered platform like this.
And as always...don't buy shoes you can't kick ass in!

No comments:

Post a Comment