Thursday, July 3, 2008

Euphoria

When I was in high school I went through an extended, alarming CK One phase, along with an estimated 95% of teenage girls my age. I don't know what was going on at the Adult Perfume Purchaser level but let me tell you...in CK One's heyday, the scent of high school was a blend of hormones and CK One. Now, I remember that you could probably smell me coming from miles off with this stuff. I don't think I ever bathed in it, but I also can't definitively say that I didn't contemplate it.

That being said, it may not all have been due to my inability to refrain from splashing it all over my damn self. That stuff is strong, and requires very little to attain your Recommended Daily Allowance of perfume. Having now tried Euphoria, from the same designer, I can attest to the fact that this kind of strength is a running theme with Calvin Klein's scents.

As we know, I am a creature of habit and OCD, so I apply pretty much all perfume the same way...one spray on my wrist, rub both wrists together, one more in the vicinity of my neck, and a third over my hair while I shake it around. This usually is optimal for me - good distribution, lasts all day without activating people's allergies and/or gag reflexes. With Euphoria, I started out the week with this routine, and by Wednesday was only hitting my wrists with the slightest of sprays. Maybe I am just sensitive to this particular scent, but it seemed very powerful to me.

That all being said, it's a really nice perfume. It has that traditional darker Calvin Klein undertone that's almost musky, with some nice light stuff carrying over the top. It could probably work as a daytime perfume for a certain kind of fashion-forward person, but I personally would tend towards using it for a nighttime perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment