Thursday, January 17, 2008

Really Freaking Late PR Recap: Episode 4

I am SO behind but hey sue me, I've been busy. Damn. Okay. As usual, Josie in standard color, The Lucy in blue. I'm listing the winner/loser pair on the top because I am trying to pump out about four of these tonight.

THE CHALLENGE! Take heinous trends of the past, update them, and give them a heinousectomy. This is a team challenge.

WINNER: Jillian
AUFED: Chris M.
Jillian...okay, this has been driving me CRAZY but I have had no time to go back and check, but I am 95% sure that someone, presumably Jillian since this is her design, was wearing this exact same shirt during judging (or model picking, I don't know, something on the runway), and I remember this because I thought it was gorgeous and wanted to own it. I have just now tasked Rich with DVRing tonight's repeat (thank you, Bravo!), so I will check tonight, but like I said, I am pretty damn sure. Now, if I am correct...what does that mean? That aside, I don't personally love this but I do think it met the challenge...it really takes some of the edge off of overalls and paired with the shirt it's very cute and feminine. Well, I think Tim was right when he said that Jillian was definitely the inspiration for the collection, because yes, she did wear the exact or nearly exact same shirt on the previous week's episode. I don't know what it means, exactly. But I do know that it's pretty and that I like it a lot. I don't love it either, but it's so much better than regular overalls could ever be.
Rami...bad hairdo (WAY too much volume on the skirt to not balance it out with some hair), but it's cute enough. I like the slight sheen of the denim, but I would have 86ed the little belty tie thing I think...or made it skinnier...yeah, Im going with the latter. I have to say that I'm not a big fan of this look. It's a boring, overdone kind of style that I've seen a lot of...didn't we just get over this tiered skirt thing? I don't know...I guess I'm just underwhelmed. The hair is really bad...she would have looked cute with some big bouncy curls.
Kevin...I should hate these shorts WAY more, but I feel like he made them stylish and not-so-bad. However, they are still formal shorts. Fail. The collar is a good idea but it was WAY more aggressive looking on the runway and I hated it...if the volume of the collar was actually the degree that we see here I might be more okay with it. They should stick with using that top fabric as detailing though...it's very Little House on the Prairie. I really like this outfit. I wouldn't wear it, but I like it. I kind of dig the print, seeing as it's paired with a kind of modern short. I also get a kick out of the collar. I like exaggerated fashion and I think it was all right that they took it this far. Much better than the boring dress Rami made. I think this was a really good look that is kind of wearable.
Kit...HATE these shoes with the outfit. I actually really like this...I think the prints are neat together. I would nix the scarfy thing...was this the menswear as womenswear one? I guess that would make it a tie. Whatever, I hate the tie. I really like this look too...and can't really add anything to what you've said because I agree.
Jack...dude WTF. Pinstripe too big, horribly boring grey color, weirdly drapey, pockets that look like tabs for a paper doll, and a model with a crappy toupee on her head. Plus leggings. BOO. I don't really mind the color or the pinstripe, but I have a major issue with how wide that neckline is. It's stupid looking. The pockets also suck, as do the leggings and the toupee. Thanks for making me really hate this dress more than I did originally. =)
Christian...skirt yes, shoes aww hell yes, jacket fine though not for me but holy crap what is up with that turtlenecky thing? It's making this chick look like her head is just floating above her shoulders. Fine until the shirt, Christian, fine until the shirt. The shirt is detestable and this look is completely boring.
Sweet P...way to rip off Gucci AND Kara Saun, the ORIGINAL PR Gucci Knocker-Offer, SWEET P. I actually don't hate this, though I would never wear it...it has a kind of...hipster who would own a Roomba AND the new mopping Roomba thing vibe to it. You know? Did I just talk crazy again? But you know, like if the Roomba person went to a company holiday party? I like this look, and I think it was a pretty good interpretation of the trend. It is a little Gucci, and I'd probably wear it if I didn't fear it would make my ass look fucking huge. I think it's adorable. I also think that the stress from the last week of school has made you crazy indeed.
Steven...leggings and fucking ugly shoes, plus a top that I could buy right now from at least three retailers. Combo of boring and ugly = no one wins. What the hell is this shit? Leggings need to go away, as does this terrible look.
Chris...I actually did not hate thise NEARLY as much as everyone else in the world apparently did, and I am WICKED bitter about Chris being aufed instead of Ricky who clearly cannot keep his shit in a basket OR lead a design team, AND designs boring crap. Admittedly, I don't love the neckline, but I think I would like it more if it wasn't under this jacket. The judges described it as totally costumey, and...I get that, I guess, but I don't think it's so crazy costumey that no one would ever wear it. Like...maybe if the Roomba lady went to a fancier party she would hang out with this chick, no? I actually kind of like the jacket, although I would not pair it with this dress. I also did not hate this look. It's not that costumey, not that ugly, and looks to be well made. I don't love the jacket, but I don't think it was enough to get Chris kicked off. The color choice is a little lacking, and the pattern on the jacket could have been better. My only question is, they complained about the shoulder pads but the trend was fucking shoulder pads? Was he supposed to put them on her ass instead? What the fuck?
Victorya...cool shoes cool shoes eeeeee! Apparently I am very into this whole wrappy viney shoe thing. I REALLY loved this color story, I have to say, but dude, the one thing Ricky was totally 100% right on is that this model's boobs look like crap. I'm sorry, I don't care if that's your "thing" (WHICH by the way I'm pretty sure it ISN'T since it had "power struggle retardery" written all over it BUT WHATEVER), but smooshed boobs do not look good OR make for a good design. Besides the smooshed boobs, this just doesn't turn me on. The bodice would be nice if SHAPED PROPERLY, but the skirt is very boring. Boring shit. Seriously, don't be a misogynist and let the boobs flow freely, please! It's just ugly and stupid, much like Victorya.
Elisa...yeah, Elisa kind of lost me here. Hate the rogue yellow strap, and the whole thing looks like a sack. Not fun.I like the IDEA of the cutouts...maybe if they were bigger patches of color and over the whole bodice? If I redid this concept I'd slap and empire-y waistline on it and do big cutouts all over the top, and add some shaping in the waist...and either take the one-shoulder idea over the top and get rid of the yellow strap or else make it strapless or cap sleeve with a crazy deep v neck. I actually liked this one. I thought that Elisa did a good job and I like the idea...I think if the fabric choice were different, it would have been much prettier. Given what she was given, I thought she did well. It's cute and young, which also cannot be said for the other pieces in this collection.
Ricky...LOVE the burgundy color...and that's about it. That yellow piece is really weirdly shaped and I hate it. The weird illusion netting sucks also. I don't know...I think I have said before that I totally shop by color, so this thing gives me a lot of cognitive dissonance but in the end, I don't like it. The burgundy is so great that I ALMOST can overcome the rest of it, but then I regain my senses, then remember I hate Ricky and then have a drink. This look is really schizo. The yellow is completely out of place and the sheer panel is icky. Ricky should have been kicked off this ep, although I do think that the judges gave him some extra points for having to deal with Batshit and Vera Wang.

No comments:

Post a Comment