Monday, August 24, 2009

Makeup is Easy: Medieval Queens

Well, I did the same eye and face makeup today as on my gym days - honestly, it's the best approach to summer makeup; anything more tends to sweat off - but I have two new things to talk about. One, as you can see, I chopped my hair off. I'm adjusting to the length but I like it a lot and am really, really glad to have my hair off my neck. We were at the Sox game on Friday and I was ready to rip my hair out by the roots thanks to the humidity. So! That's exciting, and if you're in the Worcester area you should definitely go see Cherie or Heather at the Hair Market in Tatnuck. The main reason I like Cherie is that I can kind of wave my hands around and issue a bunch of word salad in her direction and somehow she'll understand that and turn it into a great haircut for me - not something purely trend-based, but something that looks great on me.

Secondly, I used a new lipstick from a company recommended a couple times over by the hot shit in residence over at Apocalypstick Now. Let me give you a hint - this woman is simply not wrong. Not just in regards to the lipstick...she knows her makeup. I have followed a couple of her suggestions and have yet to be disappointed. I went with the Medieval lip treatment mostly because of the cool story..."[in medieval times,] full coverage lipstick was considered a sin. Instead, women used lemons to stimulate the lips and stain them a see through blood red." This modern copycat is loaded with Vitamin E and as a result it feels like I'm wearing chapstick and nothing else right now. It's a great color and you really couldn't go wrong on her site, so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment