It's really quite the masterpiece. The Gold Star is in fact very good, but the sign is clearly the best thing about it at this moment in time.
GOLD STAR RESTAURANT
VOTED "BEST" #1
BREAKFAST & LUNCH IN CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS
BY PEOPLE WITH REAL TASTE BUDS AND A
GENUINE KNOWLEDGE OF TRUE VALUE
Spiro & Staff John Jolin Head Voter
Pop Quiz! What is the best thing about it?
1. That there is no indication of where this poll came from? (I assume the Worcester Magazine Best of Worcester poll...but who knows??)
2. The quotation marks around "best"?
3. "People with real taste buds" (as presumably opposed to fake taste buds)?
4. The swagger of it all
5. The problematic punctuation involved in "Congratulations! Spiro & Staff" that makes it seem like Spiro (the owner) and his staff are congratulating the People With Real Taste Buds and A Genuine Knowledge of True Value for voting correctly?
6. The inclusion of "John Jolin Head Voter," further developing the incredible douchebaggery of the Jolin Image (the Jolins run a local paving company and drive around in a squad of Hummers that say "Paved For" on the back of them. Oh, and they're responsible for this crime against landscaping)?
Why pick one, I say!