Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Couture Week: Elie Saab

Elie Saab: grace, beauty, classic femininity. If the Greek goddesses had to buy from modern fashion labels, it would be Badgley Mischka or Elie Saab, and Saab threatens to pull ahead with this collection.
The whole collection is so, so soft...I could not rock it. I could not rock it for many reasons, including things like "swearing too much" and "having tattoos." I love the delicacy of this dress, and the one below.
Soft colors and florals throughout. I like the shoes and I LOVE the ripple-y feeling stockings. The dress here is lovely, and I like what the shrug adds to the mix.
Just as there is power in the goddesses along with gentility, you do see some structure in these dresses. I love the transition from very firm structure in the bodice to flowery softness at the bottom.
This was as bold as color got in the collection. I love the watery effect carried into the dress itself, and the bodice is beautiful.
Lots of plant imagery throughout. I love the combo of the flowery motif and the gauzy transparent parts.
I actually can't tell if this is reflection from the weird runway (some kind of silvery contact paper? Cool water effect without the wet) or the dress being dyed this way, but either way, it's a graceful look.
The color and texture of this one is awesome. She looks like a waterfall.
This was the final look, which I love but for the turban thing. I think these dresses are most effective with the simple hairstyles that the designers used, and the turban adds a different feel to it all. Of course, that doesn't mean that this isn't a gorgeous, gorgeous dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment