Thursday, January 7, 2010

Makeup Is Easy: Catwalk Crybabies

This lipstick has been a great find in the Great Hunt for Awesome Red Lipsticks. It's Too Faced's Lip of Luxury lipstick in Celebrity Meltdown. It's a nice rich red with a good dose of sparkly gold in it. The lipstick is nice and smooth and though it does not moisturize as well as the Kat von D Painted Love stuff I mentioned previously, it has great staying power and does a totally acceptable job keeping my lips protected.

*twenty minute break*

I didn't want to give short shrift to the Lip of Luxury, but I wanted to compare, so I made a scale. It runs from rubbing NORTON ABRASIVES FROM WORCESTER, MA (but not anymore) on your face to Carmex, which...dude CARMEX COMES IN A TUBE NOW. Now my life is complete. Carmex is the best moisturizey stuff out there, hands down, and if you want to argue with me I will ignore you mightily and you will just have to sit there in your wrongness being wrong. In any case, on a scale of abrasives (0) to Carmex (10) I give Too Faced's Lip of Luxury an eight.
Eyes were pretty simple. I used this great lilacy-pink from The She Space called Catwalk Crybabies. I just threw some of it on my lid and finished everything with Makeup Forever's Aqua Smoky Lash mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment