Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Makeup Is Easy: Boxed In

Got a little more Illamasqua action for you here, this time centered on their lipstick. I do not have my handy lipstickometer handy, but this one's tricky anyway. The color is EXCELLENT and has almost no bleeding, but the texture is not the best. It's not instantly drying but it's not all that moisturizing either. My sister has been working with me the past couple weeks and this means mornings are a little more chaotic. This means I do less exciting eye makeup and rely on my lipstick more often, like this shade from Illamasqua, called "Box."
I just used a black eyeshadow from the Sephora Colorful Artist Palette to line my upper lid and give it a slight wing and threw some Phenomen'Eyes on my lashes.You can see that I encountered The Eyeliner Hazard, that being transfer to the upper lid. The way my eyes are set makes my lid kind of roll under my orbital bone so I constantly risk this kind of transfer. While it bothers my OCD, I have also learned that people do not generally take note of or care about this. As a general rule, if your makeup gets to a weird place on its own, it tends to do it in a sneaky way that is unlikely to be noticed by strangers. One of the great challenges of exploring more daring makeup is realizing that no one really cares what your makeup looks like beyond "I like it" or "I don't like it," and that judgment is usually linked to color. I have been known to completely remove my makeup and do it over because I didn't like the line I was getting on my liner, so this has been particularly difficult for me to take off the worry list, but the less I worry, the more enjoyment I get out of my makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment