Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Some Like It Raw

The Challenge: Design a wrasslin' outfit for the Amazonian WWE Divas.

WINNER: Chris (!!!!!)
LOSER: RICKY WOOO
It seems so odd that CHRISTIAN would get this challenge as well as he did, because I have to think that wrestling is totally off his radar, but MAN, did he knock it out of the park. I think the key was that he picked a Diva who really worked with his design aesthetic. The fit is AMAZING, and while I am not in LOVE with the ankle-region ruffliness, the concept and execution were both flawless. The little jacket was fab, like, to the point that I kind of wanted it, and the shirt was awesome. Great, great job from Christian. Well, I think that time and time again, Christian proves that he can do just about anything. I agree that picking someone who jives with who he is as a designer made this kind of easy for him. She rocked the hell out of this outfit too. I really like this one, especially the one sleeve deal.
I actually hated this a lot more than the judges did. I had no issue with the color, and I thought Michael Kors was totally full of crap when he was going on about the Americana stuff, because what's more American Girl than freaking BARBIE PINK WITH BLONDE HAIR? That being said, I thought this was yaktastic, with the saggy boob effect and the weird skirt (should have scrapped it, if you ask me - the hot pants worked a lot better and were less weird looking). I also think the gloves were a yooge mistake, especially sans skirt. It's the whole shorts-with long sleeves thing...generally inadvisable. I don't know if it was just crappy fabric choice but with the gloves and the shorts, it just made the whole thing look super-incongruous and I didn't like it. Plus, what was with the differently patterned boobs?? Fuck this look, and fuck Rami too. I believe he's the great pretender in this competition. While his stuff is usually interesting, it's also as ugly as hell and not even remotely flattering to women! This outfit absolutely sucks. I, like you, hated it waaaaay more than the judges did. I also understood the pink for the Barbie look, but for some reason this reminded me of a little girl's nightgown. It's the same sickening pink, the dorky little embellishments and the just overall cheapness of it makes me think back to my little ballet Snoopy nightgown, which I loved but I was 5!
Chris was totally in his element here. Loved it. I have some serious concerns about how those spanky pants are going to stay put but you know what, I'm sure they have some kind of tape or glue or epoxy or whatever the hell, so rock on, I say. I LOVE this variety of sparkly that he used, and the whole thing fits perfectly. The boots are a perfect choice, as well. This had serious attention to detail, and really fit her personality...I mean, I even loved the hoodie, and I HATE hoodies! (NB - as fashion. As fabulous comfort clothes that live INSIDE THE HOUSE I am pro-hoodie.) I was also PSYCHED to see Chris get a win! I adore him. I thought it was hilarious when he exclaimed that he won the tackiest challenge, because I thought he ruled all over the place in this one. I absolutely LOVED this. It fits her perfectly, it's fun, it's sexy but I don't find it trashy, because any kind of animal print can quickly become a trash-a-thon. The details are definitely what made this outfit what it is. I love that he lined the hoodie so much! I also dig the garter too. I think he did an awesome job, and I am pulling for him to be in the finale because I know he'd put on an amazing show.
Jillian is fast becoming my favorite. The fit on this was spectacular, and I think really got the persona of this Diva. I wasn't 100% in love with the socks but honestly I thought the rest of it was so cool that I got over it. One of the things I particularly appreciated was that those boobs? Are going nowhere. This was not only super awesome, but carried the day in terms of athletic consideration. I like all the things that are all strappy and boobtastic. Does this mean I want to be a stripper? This look is also awesome. I adore the color. She did a great job capturing mixing athletic and sexy. I do kind of dig the socks, probably because I played soccer and it kind of reminds me of that sort of idea of the shorts with knee socks, except much more hookerish. What's funny is that I don't think this look is stripper...I think it's artistically amazing.
Sweet P's revamp of the top on this was DEFINITELY needed. I think she would have gotten the auf if she hadn't revisited it. That being said...yeesh. I didn't notice the unfinished inside of the cape until now, but damn, that is janky. It just didn't have the drama it needed, especially if the jacket is usually your big dramatic entrance piece. It was just fine. Nothing special. I think the Diva even said she could have found it at the stripper store, which is kind of the Diva version of us always bitching that someone's made something we could buy at a non-stripper store. I absolutely hated this one, but I think that the Diva didn't help Sweet P much at all. This girl wanted a super trashy and tacky look and I kind of appreciated that Sweet P was trying to edit her, even though she failed in the execution. The drama was definitely lacking in this piece and I don't know if white was such a great color choice either.
WOOT WOOT RICKY'S GONE! So...okay, besides the fact that this was fairly lame and looks like a wearable bathing suit, he just totally missed the point. And now he's gone. WOOOOOOOO! Ugh...I have no idea what he was thinking. This is terrible, although she rocked it when she came down the runway, which I enjoyed. That thing he had her put over it was totally fucking stupid too. I found it hilarious that he didn't cry when he got kicked off either...he's a strange duck. Whatever...stripper go-go boy is gone!

1 comment: