Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Idiocy: A Phone Call in Six Acts

ACT I

Phone: Ring! Ring!

Me: Good morning, Company I Work For, this is Josie, how can I help you?

Lady: Hi, I need the name and contact info for my heating contractor?

Me: Ah, okay, did you go through the HEAT Loan program?

My brain: ...because otherwise how the hell do you think I would know this information? *pause* Did she say she needed his name???

Lady: Well, I sent in a rebate form and he had to put his name and address on it so I thought you would have it because the rebate came from you.

Me: Okay, well let me put you on hold and try to find the file. Hang on.

Lady: Thanks.

ACT II

Me: Hey, where do the rebate forms go after they get processed?

K: Umm...I'm not sure actually, ask Tom what happens to them.

Me: Hey Tom, where do the rebate forms go after they get processed? For instance, the ones from March?

Tom: Ah...Utility One in C's drawer, Utility Two in the yellow folder on my desk. *wanders off*

Me: *rifles through the papers on Tom's desk, all of the forms there are too recent. Return to office*

ACT III

Phone: Ring! Ring!

Me: Good morning, Company I Work For, this is Josie, how may I help you?

Lady: Hi I was on the phone with someone and she said she was going to find my rebate form with my contractor's info because I need to contact him and I was on hold and then it went to voicemail and I don't know who I was talking to but I was on hold because she was finding my form and then it went to voicemail and

Me (now pissed because not only is she wasting my time with a stupid request but she also can't be fucked to remember my name which she heard when I picked up and then again on voicemail): YEAH OKAY, I am going to need to take your number and call you back because there are a lot of rebate forms to go through.

Lady: Oh okay. You can call me at (617)555-1212. Will this be soon?

Me: As soon as possible. Like I said, there are a lot of forms to go through.

Lady: Oh okay well thanks bye *click*

Me: *melt phone with my eyeballs and mindbullets*

ACT IV

Me: Okay, how about ones from March?

My brain: Like I said last time when you ignored that piece of info.

Tom: *pulls out some files from C's drawer* Okay here it is.

Act V

Phone: Boop boop boop...ring! Ring!

Lady: Hello?

Me: Hi there, is this Liz?

Lady: Well *inexplicable mumble* yeah.

Me: This is Josie calling you back fom CSG with your contractor info?

Lady: Oh okay! Let me get a pen. *futzes around for 10 minutes collecting a pen*

Me: Okay, the name is Blah Blahman, and his business phone is (774)867-5309.

Lady: Great...do you have his address?

Me: Yes, it's 1234 Blah Street in West Roxbury.

Lady: Thanks! That was fast actually.

Me: Yeah no problem. Bye.

Lady: Bye.

ACT VI

Phone: SMASH!

Me: *quits job, hides under bed*

FIN


What kind of fucking moron pays someone MULTIPLE THOUSANDS of dollars AND allows them into their home to install a heating system which they rely on to make their home liveable and then doesn't retain an INVOICE, much less ANY RECOLLECTION OF THE MAN'S NAME, PHONE NUMBER OR ADDRESS?

Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment