Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wowah wah wah wah, wah wah wah!

Okay, first? New blog, in which I hate on the MCAS, over on WCPL. Check it out!

Second of all? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Z0CpPW2Fc

The first time I saw this in the trailer for Meet the Robinsons (which I know NOTHING about, and which the trailer sheds absolutely no light on), I very nearly peed my pants laughing. The second, third, fourth, etc., viewings, I rewound it at least seven or eight times and cackled away merrily, at least a couple times to the point of nearly choking myself. I have tried describing it to some people, but as you can imagine, it doesn't really work. Thankfully, my friends are mostly just as demented as I am, and when I tried describing it to THEM (in an email, no less), three of them immediately emailed back saying "Oh my God, I peed my pants laughing." I love you guys.

Oh man...I just checked out the summary on IMDB (which is linked above) and I STILL have not a CLUE about what kind of crack these people were smoking through the production of this film. I cannot WAIT to go see it, is all I'm saying. Here's what the summary says:

Lewis is a brilliant inventor with a surprising number of clever inventions to his credit. His latest and most ambitious project is the Memory Scanner, a machine that will help him find his birth mother so they can become a family. But before he can find her, his invention is stolen by the dastardly Bowler Hat Guy and his diabolical hat and constant companion, Doris. Lewis has all but given up hope when a mysterious stranger named Wilbur Robinson whisks our bewildered hero away in a time machine and together they team up to track down Bowler Hat Guy in a showdown that ends with an unexpected and unbelievable twist of fate.

Go ahead, tell me you don't want to see it now. "Dastardly Bowler Hat Guy"? I will also note that their marketing includes a singing frog, the awesome T Rex, a dog, an octopus, and a variety of strangely dressed humans, NONE OF WHICH, you will notice, are mentioned in the above summary. There is no way that this movie will not be mindblowingly insane. Let me know if you want to come with.

CRUISE UPDATE: Scarlett has been getting increasingly insane emails from the DR, who was FIRED from the ship in a random booze test...which he seems to be happy about, weirdly enough. So whatever, he has returned to his cow-based business in the actual DR, from which point he emails and calls Scarlett frequently. These emails are generally written in what can be recognized as English until you look closely and see the crazy busting out all over. He has also decided that they will have three Dominican babies, one of whom will be named Jesus, the other of whom will be named "Scarlett," and the third whose name does not apparently matter. Scarlett has now tried REPEATEDLY to inform him that he is in fact obsessing over a made up relationship that does not exist, and has done this both in English and Spanish (through the use of a translator), however, he just continues along either not understanding or just plain ignoring all attempts to break up with him gently. Just the other day, he informed Scarlett that he would be in the US in about three weeks to visit his sister...for five months, during which time Scarlett will clearly be unable to avoid him, especially since he's all Pepe Le Pew fawning over her with the cartoon hearts and everything. She hung up on him yesterday and did not answer when he called back, so of course he...




...continued emailing crazily, still without any immediately obivous indication that he understands that they are "breaking up." We are officially at DefCon 1. It should be interesting to see how this plays out - in the meantime, I suggested that she get a gun and a concealed carry permit.

In other news, things have settled down pretty well...we ordered a new bed, a king-size Bob-o-Pedic (i.e. Tempurpedic knockoff), as well as lots and lots of pretty sheets! I am far more excited about this than is necessary. I went to a Big & Rich show with La Habitante on March 20th, which ROCKED super extra hard, and now I have been listening to B&R non-stop. It is infectious I tell you! The awards banquet that I was organizing for the Booster Club also went well, once I had gotten past the aggravating pestiness of a couple of folks, and - you'll love this - I won Booster of the Year. Ha! Love it.

I also turned 24 on the 19th, which was exciting in that everyone loves presents, but boring in the sense that 24 feels pretty much like 23 did.

I'll leave you with this FAB pic from The Lucy (who, incidentally knocked it out of the fucking park with her birthday gift, thus rendering me frantic with concern that I must meet the same level of awesomeness on her birthday)...clearly this will be my next vehicle.

AND YOU WILL KNOW ME BY MY GIANT PINK STILETTO!

No comments:

Post a Comment