Thursday, March 1, 2007

The Photographic Evidence

We were really bad about taking pictures, but here's the smattering that we did wind up with. Enjoy! I've organized them loosely into locations, rather than days, because a lot of them are pictures of us in hallways, plus on the ship there were a couple places where we were ALL THE TIME so it's tough to pin down which day a specific pic was taken.

This is the Grandeur of the Seas, anchored off Cozumel. The Weege snapped this one as we took the tender back to the boat.

This is the only picture we seem to have taken inside our stateroom, and it really shows you nothing except the size of the sleeping area (i.e. tiny). This is Scarlett and I with a random rag of some sort that we found in our room and were all unable to identify.

These are the Mayan ruins at Chacchoben...as you can see it was a gorgeous day!

The Weege at Chacchoben
Me at Chacchoben...you can't really see it here, but at some point I decided that my cosmetic bag was more convenient and small for taking off the ship, so I used that.
The jungle behind the ruins - we were basically standing on the edge of a cliff here. It was amazing.
This is Scarlett and UnShy on the last day at sea...this was the day he earned his nickname by walking around like a crackhead saying "talk to me don't be shy."
Scarlett and I on the top deck with our margaritas rimmed with inexplicable blue salt. We referred to it as roofie salt since we didn't know what the hell it was.
This would be The Weege, FARC-ing it up with the secretly brilliant sunglasses-as-wind-defense system.
The Un-FARCed Weege and I on the top deck...again we see the Roofie-rita.Neil Diamond in his pentultimate performance! WOOOO GO NEIL!
Scarlett and The Peruvian in the Schooner. This was one of the many pictures where the timeline indicates that Scarlett was not actually drunk, but looks completely hammered.
Another one of the un-drunk drunk pictures...The Weege in particular looks insane, but this is in fact not the scariest picture of her. No, I'm not kidding. Keep reading. This was us throwing the peace signs to mimic the ENTIRE BAR STAFF who suddenly went on a peace sign binge on the last day.
Scarlett and I at dinner on the last night!
Aaaaaand the reverse side of the table, me and The Weege. This is the expression she always started off with when we tried taking pictures of her because of her damn face. You can also see that it DOES NOT SHOW UP IN PICTURES. ANY OF THE PICTURES.
This would be at the only formal night we made it to...the call of Ricky Bobby was just too strong for us. Luckily we ran into Neil Diamond and the Missourienne later on and not only did they miss dinner, but they ALSO were watching Ricky Bobby. I guess it was just that kind of a night....we should have invited them over and made popcorn!
The Weege and I at the bar in Costa Maya...I think this is a cute pic even if I am doing something weird and whitening-strip-commerical-y with my teeth.
Okay...we were drinking these 40-oz beers, which rocked because they took a while to drink and you could relax without them getting really hot from holding them, and we thought they were funny, because who drinks 40s? Exactly. So we asked the bartender to take our picture, and his "I have an idea!" lightbulb flashed on and he started piling up all the paraphernalia you see here (which you'll note not only includes glasses and booze, but also stuff like a napkin holder). The result? Not the intent...you can't even see the giant beers!

I enjoy this because NO ONE is looking the right direction, I have the drunk-effect going on, and instead of holding the camera up to get everyone in the frame, someone put it in their lap. Who is in charge of this event??
The Weege and Scarlett in the hallway - again, we were on our way to dinner, so no one in this picture is drunk! What the hell is going on with this? I will give you five dollars of my own personal money if you can explain it.
This would be Scarlett and The Mexican, having mended their differences (I HATE YOU! No wait, I like you, you're cute.), in a random hallway outside the theatre. I LOVE this dress of Scarlett's and totally covet it.
The Weege and Scarlett in the bathroom...something we noticed on this - presumably these two were in the girl's bathroom, and yet there is clearly a man in the background going into a stall. There was one time that they got desperate in the miles-long line for the ladies' room and hit up the mens' room, but all accounts say that it wasn't the formal night, which their outfits tell us it is in this picture.

Ahh, the airport. This would be the response to Scarlett BELLOWING to me that she was taking my picture.
This is Scarlett's sad face and The Weege's....well, what would YOU call that? Her zombie face? Once again, The Weege appears to have lost control of her face.
I...nothing.

This is what we mean when we say The Weege looked like a mental hospital escapee in New Orleans. Tell me this woman wouldn't bite you if you got in range.


And finally...Scarlett and I in Tampa. Yay cruise!

1 comment:

  1. She looks so..... TALL.

    And the Weege is fucking scary.

    ReplyDelete