Monday, March 23, 2009

More Stuff To Put On Your Face

So YAY I got some new makeup (the previous batch was not really new, I just hadn't written about it), and I would like to tell you about it because it's SPRINGY and I love that spring is here.
First of all, Sephora claims corals and pinks are in for spring, which I don't know about either way, but boy, I really like this coral-red eyeshadow in Emmanuelle from NARS. Now, to see if it looks okay on me. Report to follow.
Dior's makeup is not cheap. This is probably good, because otherwise I'd be swimming in it. However, it is totally worth it. I got their Dior Addict High Shine lipstick in Runway Red (see swatch above) and it looks amazing. The lipstick itself isn't cakey or greasy, it's just nice and soft. The color is excellent, with little enough pigment that it lets your own lips do the heavy lifting while still adding shimmer and slight development of color. Plus, the packaging is freakin' sweet. I can't recommend Dior's makeup enough; I know it's pricey but it works and it will last until you die. I currently have this, their 5-Color Eyeshadow Compacts, DiorShow mascara, Dior Addict and Addict Shine perfume, and two of their lip glosses from the Addict line. I use all of them and I love them all equally.
Buxom Lips...ohhhh my God I love Buxom Lips. I got their full color version in Vanessa (the bottom shade) and totally loved the richness of color and the tingly lip-plumpitude. It has just a little bit of tingle to it that makes your lips feel fresh and happy, and does a great job moisturizing even my crappy ass chapped winter lips. This is a feat of the first order. I bought a gloss this time with a sheer fuschia tint to it, called Melonie. I must warn you - this particular color looks like the 80s in a tube. It's neon pink looking. BUT, it's gorgeous on. It's the perfect spring shade, almost corally but a bit more pink. Plus, if you have some wintertime pastiness in play, it will be cute on you too as you transition to a more t

1 comment:

  1. I love the Buxom Lips formula. Very tingly. I have it in Dolly. :)

    ReplyDelete