Tuesday, August 3, 2010

You Should Be Watching Suicide Blonde

I wish I could remember how I came across Suicide Blonde's Tumblr, but I can't. What I can tell you is that you should be watching it. She has a wonderful eye for art, photography and composition and I've been spending a lot of time paging through her almost 2000 pages of Tumblr.

There are a couple photographers she features frequently who I don't really like because I find their work either trite, faux-shocking and misogynistic (Terry Richardson) or just plain "yeah okay, but why?" and vaguely misogynistic (Ellen von Unwerth), but I know that there are plenty of people who like those two photographers' work and have made my peace with it. (Okay, perhaps not with Terry Richardson. I do not find his talent significant enough to counterbalance his general grossness, misogyny and relentless need to put himself into the frame. Also, sexually problematic. [Also also: Tavi Gevinson is spectacular.])

Here's a sampling of some favorites of mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment