Monday, May 4, 2009

Over Hill and Veil

On my Mom's side of the family, there is a family veil. You would think that this would be something people would want to keep fairly close track of, but apparently, you would be wrong. The various matriarchs of the family have been looking for it amongst the most recently married Gustafson women, but so far no luck, so I called my grandmother on my DAD'S side to see if she could help with the "something old" factor. Grandma Brown has an epic historical fashion collection, which she lends out to museums and exhibits and colleges and travels all over the place talking about, so I thought she might have something that fit the bill.

Grandma has mastered exactly one piece of technology from the modern age and that piece of technology is the fax machine, so I got a fax with several pictures of a beautiful veil with some gorgeous floral embroidery on the edges. When it's not on grainy fax paper, this is what it looks like.
Totally love it. I was planning in the absence of the family veil to wear a birdcage veil, but I love the look of this one and think it's just perfect for an outdoor wedding. For those who don't know, this is the style of dress I'm wearing (don't worry, I already showed Rich this picture, he's safe):
Had my first fitting on Wednesday and it was sooooooo easy, which seriously thank god because we all know I don't deal with the aggravation of these things well. Just needed it bustled and the straps adjusted so they didn't stick out like mutant wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment