Friday, April 28, 2006

The Eight Million, Seven Hundred and Thirty Second Reason I Love Congressman James P. McGovern: Civil Disobedience

Okay, for REAL people, I love Jim McGovern.

Why, you may ask?

For many reasons...for getting me interested in politics, for letting me get involved, for writing my recommendation letter, for representing the hell out of my interests, for being a fantastic political role model, for being kind of a dork, for sitting in his swanky Cannon Building office and explaining that the problem is that this issue of the Congress kind of sucks, but most of all...for putting his money where his mouth is.

A lot of political folks talk and talk and talk about World Issues, but never do anything about it. What does Jim do if he, say, feels that the US should step in in Darfur? Well, I'm glad you asked, because the answer is that he goes out to protest and gets arrested.

GO JIM GO!

Also? Ted Kennedy on The Daily Show. Fantastic. Just...exactly. If all Democrats could express themselves like that, there would be less bickering.

No comments:

Post a Comment