Thursday, May 20, 2010

Scheduling and some fun stuff

First of all, exciting news:

I finished my undergrad degree and graduated cum laude from Assumption this past weekend, which was very exciting and completely draining. Friends and family were loose all over the place and the weather was spectacular. I'm so grateful for all of those wonderful people being there for me, and to Assumption for the top notch, enriching education they gave me, particularly in the Political Science and Philosophy departments. I'll be going on to Boston University's Political Theory Ph.D program in the fall. Summer assignment: figure out how to pay for it.

I've been thinking about how to rework this blog so I am more inclined to update it regularly, even during the school year. I have settled on a more routine schedule which I think will work out well. Here's how I'm hoping it will work.
  • Mondays will be floater days because I am rarely motivated to do anything. Monday posts = bonus posts. Ditto Saturdays and Sundays. I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying it's not guaranteed.
  • Tuesdays will be open topic days, either for whatever I want to talk about or something other people want to talk about. You can email any topic requests, but I reserve the right to pick and choose with extreme prejudice because I cannot promise to like what you like or care about what you care about. Nothing personal.
  • Wednesdays will be book review days. I have abandoned the Cannonball Read, having read 100 books but not the sticktuitiveness to write reviews for all of them. A book and review a week seems more reasonable, so I'm going give that a whirl.
  • Thursdays will be a new feature, suggested by my friend Val, called Stuff In Josie's Closet. People seem to like and be mystified by my personal style, but the secret is pretty simple - Ijust use a lot of cool accessories. I'll be posting pictures of various shoes, jewelry and other items, with some commentary on how I would wear them, etc. Also, my shoes are cool.
  • Fridays will be reserved for Makeup Is Easy posts. I feel like a lot of my makeup is generally the same basic technique, and I'd like you to get something more out of it than "and then I did this same thing but with a different color." This way, I can focus on doing one superawesome face a week and post that.

Suggestions are always welcome! Thank you for reading, I really appreciate your taking the time to pop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment