Thursday, November 22, 2007

Give Crazy Thanks

It's a funny kind of Thanksgiving this year...my brother is in Florida in a great program for something he loves, the family is two grandfathers down, and the world in general seems to be in a state of chaotic flux. However, there are always things to be grateful for, so here's the shortish list.
  • The family, period the end.
  • Speed and the cats - Speed for general awesomeness and the cats for adorableness and the Sleep Ray.
  • The Lucy, for our dead heat in the category of "F bombs dropped in conversation," consistently being inside of my head, presumably through the use of magic, and for generally being previously unseen levels of fabulous.
  • Anna Karenina, for being super tough, matching me snide comment for snide comment, and shared suspicion of Russia.
  • The Gardnerette, the best find of the semester and my Number One Tea Buddy, who gives herself just as many coronary events of academia as I do.
  • Facebook, for helping me relocate, keep in touch with, AND stalk past and present friends through the miracle of modern techology.
  • Assumption College, for admitting me, giving me a scholarship, giving me a badass financial aid package, even if I thought that they were punking me in all cases until the first day of classes.
  • Profs. Dobski and Flynn, for their vigor, enthusiasm and freakishly intimidating brains.
  • The Prada sfumato pump, Yves St. Laurent "Tribute," the Baleciaga...shoe that looks like legos and rollerblades mated, Manolo Blahnik's amazing drawings and resulting shoes, and the Christian Louboutin tortiseshell-look pump that I am pretty sure I would kill for (along with much of CL's catalog), all for reminding me that despite retro bubbles, fashion never stands still.
  • John Galliano, because ditto.
  • John Galliano's Dior spring 2007 Couture Collection, ditto ditto.
  • Frank and the workout peeps, for making working out fun and jacking up the calorie burn via laughter.
  • The Whole Internet Friends group for not only beating the odds by not being horrifying in real life, but for being completely effing awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment